Win Cleopatra's Daughter or The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran!

Enter to win one of these great historical novels! The contest ends on September 25th. Click Here to Enter!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

What is to Come

I have been neglecting my blog... with the exception of the contest list. Well, I've been very busy with non-blog stuff, and getting ready to start a lot of new things here. I've been reading a lot, and I still have a lot of reviews to write. And before I even post a review there are a few things that have to be done first:

- I have to have a post explaining my rating system.
- I have to have a post explaining the mystery add-on I will have on some of my reviews (I'll explain later).
- I'll post those fan-made book covers and my cover idea for the book I'm writing, which I have been putting off doing.
- I will join some reading challenges.
- I will make changes to my blog, like adding links on the sidebar.
- I have to update my countdown widgets.
- I would like 3 columns, but I have no idea how to do this...
- I am going to start doing In My Mailbox and possibly Waiting on Wednesday!
- I'm starting my own feature where I compare book covers from the USA and foreign countries. Anyone have an idea what I should name this, besides my lame "Cover vs. Cover"?
- I have to have a post about awards I've been given, which I've been putting off.

Reviews Coming Soon:

- Skinned by Robin Wasserman
- The Devouring by Simon Holt
- The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- Welcome to the Ark by Stephanie S. Tolan
- Invisible Touch by Kelly Parra
- Sucks to Be Me by Kimberly Pauley
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Gone by Michael Grant (read this a long time ago, but it was so awesome I must review it)
- Unwind by Neal Schusterman (ditto)
- Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (ditto)
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson (ditto)

Oh, and I hit a milestone yesterday, 1-11-09! For the first time, an author (Jonathan Bernstein) contacted me with an offer of a book to review (Hottie)! It just so happens that I have been wanting to read that book!

*Paradox*

7 comments:

Thao said...

Congrats Paradox, I'll be waiting for all the upcoming posts : D

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Woah, that's a lot of reviews to come. Awesome!!! And yay for an author contacting you. Isn't that a ton of fun??

You sound like you have a lot planned, that's so cool.
I don't know what you could call your new feature, though I do love the idea.

Umm....random idea..

Coast to Coast

-Lauren

MySharonAnne said...

I heard from Jonathan too! I'm very excited because I've been wanting to read that book as well.

nadine said...

Congrats on the book offer. I got my first official one too and I'm pretty excited.

I'm looking forward to the new look and everything. Good Luck.

Lenore Appelhans said...

I've been wanting to switch to three columns too, but I'm hopeless with technical stuff. But YAY for plans - they sound grand :)

Hillary said...

How about Cover to Cover? I think it flows better.

Unknown said...

Glad you got your prize hope you drink tea (wife said you had an English package) that the is real every day Tea English people drink with cold milk and sugar if required.
Enjoy the book

Three Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide